Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 7: From Sand Point, Idaho to Thompson Falls, Montana: 88 miles


                                             The morning ride with Jeff and Olivia




Crossed another state line today and although I didn’t see any moose in the game crossing areas, I managed to spot some deer, a bald eagle with prey, and many hawks. The ride today was beautiful, we were on the water the whole time surrounded by green mountains covered in pines. Railroad tracks lined the way and small ponds and lakes sprung up as we went. Everyone seemed pretty tired today and it was a slower riding dday which meant many stops for pictures and food. I was the first into camp because although I struggled with shoulder and Achilles pain, I found a groove for the last 30 miles and skipped out on the milkshake (I probably had a bajillion almonds and walnuts with lunch so my stomach couldn’t handle it). I used my I phone to blare some house music as I went and I think the natural adrenaline combined with memories of last summer (Emily, Sarah, and city tavern) really helped me cruise along. Tomorrow is our first century ride as a group into Missoula followed by a well deserved rest day. Time to ice and eat.

                                                    Glaciers (what used to be)

Wildlife!

One of my favorite pics with a railway
                                    



                                                            State Line #2

                                                                Train in MT


1 comment:

  1. Those photos are unreal. Looks absolutely gorgeous! Glad you are enjoying yourself (as I write to you from my diabetes desk lol).

    Miss you have fun. still waiting on that buffalo!

    ReplyDelete