Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 10: From Missoula, MT to Avon, MT: 98.6 miles

Holy pie. We just feasted on pasta, fruit salad, and the most delicious pie in the world, and I don't even like pie but I think I may have just eaten a whole one. Today we rode into Avon, which essentially has no facilities except our campsite and the pie place. Where these folks get groceries is a mystery. The ride today was very scenic with a lot of rolling hills and I am finally getting comfortable going faster. I  reached 37mph today, some people have hit 50, but for me that's fast. I rode with the boys for the first 5 miles in a pace line and we made great time. It takes a lot less effort when you are drafting and have your own personal wind blockers. I went from fast to amazingly slow as Tom, the mechanic on the trip, and I got well acquainted. I got 2 flat tires and had to change it 3 times because one of the tubes was also bad from the get go. So now I know how to change a flat and have confidence that I can do it on my own. This set me back to arrive later in camp than usual and I was nervous I was going to get caught in the rain and have to pitch a tent while it poured. Luckily, this did not happen and I made it!




1 comment:

  1. Nice job ! Enjoying following you all through your blogs. I think I took a picture of one of those same horses last year, they were just so pretty. WooHoo !

    ReplyDelete