Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Day 2: From Easton to Vantage, WA: 76 miles

Today we rode through a beautiful national forest lined with amazing smelling pine trees, old railways, a running river, and the snow capped cascades peaking through the background. It was absolutely stunning and once again did not feel like I was in the US. With the wind at our backs and a nice downhill, we rode over 22mph for the first 17 miles. Then we began a long 15 mile gradual climb and was definitely not the short steep hills I am used to. I’m feeling a bit sore and think tomorrow will be a challenge. I was so thankful to be riding with another girl, Jenny, because the climb was sage fields for 15 miles. So all though it smelled wonderful, it was incredibly boring and difficult so it was nice to chat with someone to pass the time

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us. We have been praying for you and your fellow cyclists.This is an incredible trip,so excited and proud of you! Love you very much Cara. Love, Uncle Tim & Aunt Marla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caraaa I'm so happy you are having an amazing time... and super thrilled you are meeting incredible people!!! So jealous!!

    Your goal for next week is toget a photo of a buffalo grazing in nature. For real. Dont disappoint- I wanna see the photo!!!! Haha

    Have funnn miss uuu.

    Ps. This is the 3rd time I've tried to post (I keep forgetting the security thing lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In agree with Sarah I wanna see some wildlife/ crazy people you meet along the way!

    ReplyDelete