Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 8: From Thompson Falls, MT to Missoula, MT OUR FIRST CENTURY (102 miles)

So after having dinner and breakfast at Minnie's cafe, a very Montana-esque diner, we headed off for our first century ride (over 100 miles). For three people, it was their first century and for myself it was my third. The ride was not that difficult but because we have rode over 450 miles thus far, my body was tired and it was quite a mental chalenge. Lunch was 10 miles further than expected and as most of my friends probably know, when I am hungry I am not happy. After some refueling, I was off and the rest of the ride went smoothly. not a lot of stops for photo ops because I wanted to get to the University of MT (where we are staying) at a decent hour. Today is a rest day which means massages, hikes, a press opportunity for the American Lung Association, bike cleaning, and lots of food. I'll post pictures once I explore Missoula. We went out to a bar last night to watch the Stanley Cup and had homemade ice cream after (amazing). The hawks won!! And Patrick Kane, originally from Buffalo, got MVP so t'was a great evening after all.

                                                                Baaaaaah



The rest day included a massage, a hike to the giant "M" in honor of University of Montana, dinner at the slowest serviced Italian restaurant ever, and just general exploring. Tomorrow we ride 99 miles which is not included in our count of 11 centuries, although with "bonus" miles acquired from stopping, detouring, and getting lost, I am sure I will hit 100.

                                                             Downtown Missoula
                                  


The giant "M"


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THE SHEEP!!!!!!!!!!!! (my second favorite animal) Did you pet them?

    ReplyDelete