Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Day 17: From Sheridan, WY to Gillette, WY: 112 miles



LONGEST RIDE EVER!!!! Yes, quite the feat and the heat was not that bad. I was on breakfast duty so I left late, and by late I mean 5:25am. The first 75 miles flew by and I rode alone most of the day because for long days like this I need to mentally zone out, sing myself some tunes, and not worry about speeding up or slowing down to stay with a group. Last 37 were more of a challenge but I switched Pandora to Ashlee Simpson and got taken back to the days of 'Autobiography,' 'L-O-V-E,' 'You Make Me Wanna LaLa,' and 'Pieces of Me,' and I was good to go (shout out Meg).





                                                               Wild turkeys




We stopped at The Spotted Horse Cafe for some sodas and trucked along. The scenery was once again, very gorgeous and green. Apparently the hillside is usually brown this time of year but MT and WY have been blessed with decent rainfall. Gillette is a pretty cool town, I met a woman who was so impressed with the ride that she ran to get her camera, appeared 10 minutes later, and insisted on taking my photo. We got some delicious cheese samples from a local place (although it said Wisconsin cheese so I am a bit befuddled). Had pulled chicken and salad catered/delivered to the high school by Pokey's BBQ for dinner tonight.




                                                                We did it!


1 comment:

  1. Way to go riders!! 112 under your belts and still smiling :)

    ReplyDelete