Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 23: From Pierre, SD to Miller, SD: 74 miles


Well today was, well, fast. Pretty happy about it because like the woman in a restaurant in Billings had said a week ago, there is nothing in South Dakota. We had an amazing tailwind which sent our pace well above 20mph. I stood on the bike at one point without pedaling to see how fast I could go and was still going 15mph after 30s of not doing anything. So we left camp around 6:15-6:30 and got into Miller at about 11:00am. Less than 5 hours for 75 miles and 2 stops to refuel…not bad. So when we see big puffy white clouds in a bluer than blue sky, my first thought is “I must take a picture” and the second thought it “get moving because a t-storm may come and the wind may shift.” Luckily, the latter did not happen…yet


                                                        Corn, corn, and more corn



Since I do not have much to say, SHOUT OUT TO BRETT FINNAN who just landed his dream job as a phys ed instructor in Brooklyn after many weeks of brutal training, homework, tests (and sometimes beer tasting at the zoo...).

Also, if I am close friends with you, will be seeing you in Buffalo/Rochester or at the DC finish line, and you would like a souvenir, let me know what kinds of things you would like and from what state. I have a couple days in South Dakota left but then I am on to Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and DC.

2 comments:

  1. I would like a Horse please :)

    PS: Yeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaw Brett !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hymmmmm - I'm still trying to figure out how beer tasting at the zoo fits in with a Phys Ed instructor ??? I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for this LOL :)

    ReplyDelete