Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 40: From Sandusky. OH to Burton, OH: 93 miles






Today was such an enjoyable ride. We rode into Cleveland and I experienced the most urban riding that I ever have. It was quite fun navigating around the city surrounded by tall buildings, sports centers, and Lake Erie off by the side. We stopped in Little Italy for some coffee and pastries. John Grotto lucked out because I didn’t like the piece of cake I bought, so I donated it to him and purchased some yummy gelato instead.  After we left Cleveland, we finally hit some hills!!! Oh how I’ve missed them! Jenny and I had such a blast gaining as much speed as possible on the downhill and chugging up the hill in front. It was truly a blast and although I have been scared and anxious for the hills of Pennsylvania, today got me excited. We are staying at Burton Fairgrounds and on the way to town, I stopped into a store that sold things from Estates Sales. The owner told me her relative had just passed from Lung Cancer and she asked for my website information so that she could donate! In town, I went to a few Amish gift shops and checked off another person from my souvenir list. Still need to get things for about 6 people sooo if y’all get things that are all Gettysburg related, my apologies.

Downtown Cleveland

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

No comments:

Post a Comment