Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 37: From Kendallville, IN to Napoleon, OH





Today I rode my bicycle for 70 miles and felt as if I hadn’t pedaled one bit. We had a great tailwind coming from the west and soared along and really all I can say about today was that it was a lot of fun, pure, child-like, fun on a bike. We caught an amazing sun rise coming out of our campground after a catered egg and pancake breakfast by the Parks and Rec Dept.



 We crossed into State #10 and once again, no state sign per se BUT a little street sign and the beginning of a yellow line marked the start of Ohio and Melanie, Ali, and I thought it sufficient enough to take photos. I rode the rest of the day with Melanie and probably bored her to death talking about how cool I thought Immunology is but since she majored in Entomology, maybe I’m wrong.




We are staying at a campground and it’s pretty cool because we have rode our bicycles from Seattle to the home state of riders Olivia and Jeff. I also think it’s amazing we will be in Sandusky tomorrow, a place where I have driven from Buffalo. I AM CLOSE ENOUGH TO DRIVE HOME. This is crazy and the kind of day I needed to get my spirits back in order.

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly what I'm thinking - only 4 1/2 hours from home in a car :) AMAZING! .... and also .... GORGEOUS sunrise pic with the picnic tables. Love you Baby Girl :) Enjoy your Summer That You'll Never Forget !!! Give an enthusiastic scream from me on one of the coasters at Cedar Point. See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete